As a leading film manufacturer, RKW assumes responsibility for a habitable environment. Sustainability is therefore a key component of our corporate policy and business mission.
We live sustainability based on a three-fold approach: ecology, economy, and society. These aspects govern our proactive behavior—driven by the commitment of a responsible and successful company. We are convinced that environmental protection, high economic performance, and social accountability are inseparably connected.
What we want to accomplish
Sustainable development means that the needs of today must not be met at the expense of future generations. The RKW Group is committed to this principle as well as to its ecological, economic, and social responsibility. Based on our corporate strategy, we have therefore set strategic sustainability targets that make our commitment transparent and our contribution measurable and that are the cornerstones of our sustainability commitment.
By 2025, we will increase the proportion of recycled, renewable, or biodegradable plastics in our products to 15 percent. This means almost a doubling compared to 2017.
Also by 2025, we will reduce our CO2 emissions in GHG Scope 1 & 2 by 50 percent compared to 2019.
Sustainability in Practice
- Protecting natural resources
- Reducing emissions
- Avoiding waste through re-use and increased recyclability
- Preventing environmental pollution
- Optimizing logistics
- Solidly financed, privately-owned company
- Reinvestment of profits in the company
- Long-term, successful customer relationships
- Quality and reliability as the basis of economic success
- Creation and preservation of jobs
- Reduction of raw material use, emissions and waste
- Comprehensive company health and safety standards
- Work safety well above the industry standard
- Optimizing working conditions
- Responsibility for our clients
- Employee training and development
- Leadership Excellence